Monday, October 24, 2011

How To: Make Your Own All Natural Sugar Scrub

The other day before I was going to jump in the shower, I caught sight of my legs and, let's just say, they looked like they needed a little lovin'. Hey, it's pretty dry in good ol' AZ! So, I retreated into the kitchen and whipped up a little concoction and, holy crap, my skin felt and looked awesome afterwards! I kinda wanted to eat it too.

 As with most of of my other skincare recipes, you might have most of the ingredients you need lying about your kitchen and it will take you just a few minutes to make. Hooray!

This amount made about 1 use for me, but store any leftovers in the fridge. This is highly recommended before shaving your legs (ya know, if you're into that sort of thing). I even used it on my face (just be gentle with the scrubbin').

Feel free to play around with amounts to your liking. You could use salt too. I just like sugar because it doesn't sting if you happen to have a cut or two on your hand, which I always seem to have.



Bad Ass All Natural Sugar Scrub

1/4-1/2 c. natural sugar (mine was the more finely granulated variety)
1 T. honey
1/2 T. sweet almond oil (or any other oil you like)
a few drops essential oil *optional* (I used Peru Balsam which smells like a woodsy vanilla)

Mix ingredients in a small dish or jar that you don't mind bringing into the shower with you. The scrub should be somewhat of a paste consistency. If your honey is a bit crystallized you will want to warm it before mixing. Slather and scrub. Rinse off. The oil can make things a touch slippery in the shower so proceed with caution!

Enjoy! Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment