Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Soaps of 2011

just after being poured into mold after trace

same soap after being cut and cured
I'm back on the soap wagon folks! I finally have a space of my own to create soap on a regular basis and I have been busy cranking it out. The first batch I turned out was an old favorite. It is has three different kinds of lemon essential oils and is colored with turmeric. The turmeric gives it a lovely, soft golden color and it smells incredibly fresh and clean. My friend's little boy especially loves this one and I just gave their family a few bars of it today.



The next batch I made was colored with french green clay and scented with mint and spruce essential oils. It turned out really lovely. The green has a nice soft, muted color and the essential oils smell really uplifting. This was my first time using french green clay for coloring soap and I'm happy with it.


mint spruce soap

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Casey! Now, how do we go about getting some to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your soap, Jess! What an inspiration you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you macy! I'm so happy you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sweet Pine Soaps
    This is Mom, Grandma,Katie, and Matt saying hi and we love reading your blog. It's nice to see you are keeping busy. The photos look very professional. We are proud of you. We will keep reading to stay up to date. Love you. Hi to Matt. Mom and the gang

    ReplyDelete