Monday, October 1, 2012

Where you been all my life?

Geez. Didn't really intend to be gone from this space for 2 months.  Sorry about that. But, hey, I'm back.

Here is some of what we've been up to round these parts...

I rendered my own lard to use in a batch of soap. Isn't it pretty? I didn't think I'd ever use the words lard and pretty in the same sentence, but there you have it.


We've started canning using old school glass lids. Matt bought some off EBay and his mom sent us the mother load from her yard sale score.They are a little more temperamental to work with, but we like the re- usability of them and the lack of weird chemicals.



I have been intrigued with natural dyeing techniques. I dyed a piece of fabric with turmeric and it came out so beautiful. Turmeric fades with time, but I think that makes it all the more interesting. I purchased some natural indigo powder and am eager to work with it soon.




Two new soaps made their debut in my Etsy shop and at the Farmer's market. Lavender Rosemary Mint & Palmarosa Orange. Oh, how I love them.


Happy Monday! I'll be back soon. Promise.

3 comments:

  1. I adore your photos of soap. ALL OF THEM. Do you take them yourself? AMAZING. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! That means so much. Yes, I take them all myself and I really love doing it. I tend to find inspiration through nature. Like the feather pictured above--I found it hanging out in my zucchini plant when I went to water and knew it would find a home among the soap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stuff, and worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete